Well, we found out what we're having. The only question is...
IS THE WORLD READY FOR ANOTHER PEPPER BOY?????
Oh geez. We're having a BOY!!!! Happy day, huh? I'm relieved and excited and I feel oh so blessed to be given such an amazing opportunity. Drew and I get to raise a beautiful son of God. A stripling warrior. Wow. Drew's really excited. He gets an ESPN buddy. One that may actually pay attention instead of reading a book. Anyway, on with the pictures...
Also, my mom came out from California just for the ultrasound. (She loves me.) We had a lot of fun and spent lots of money and I took off three days from working and it was FUN. Whoohoo! It was amazing to have my mom, Drew's mom, and Drew all with me when I found out I was having a boy. I was surprisingly emotional. Interesting. Anyway, yay for moms!!
Me and the Mama. And the belly.
Uhhh, lots of baby clothes. We bought these in one day.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
And now...Kathryn's turn!!!
1. I didn’t cut my hair until I was 12 years old.
2. I read magazines backwards
3. My brother bit me when I was a baby
4. I put in my two weeks’ notice on the first day of a job once
5. I’ve worked on Wall Street
6. I was drum major for my junior high band
7. I wanted to try out for the cheer team in junior high by my dad didn’t want me to
8. I had my first cell phone as a sophomore in high school
9. I am named after 2 of my great aunts
10. I called my little brothers “babies” until they were about 10 years old
11. One of my best friends and I got pregnant within a week of each other
12. I never want pets
13. My parents were high school sweethearts
14. I had my first kiss in college
15. I once performed ballet at the San Diego state fair
16. I have dyed my hair red, blonde, and black
17. I’ve done more traveling as a married woman than a single one
18. I would eat my mom’s stew and blueberry muffins as my death row meal
19. I was an English major. If I could go through again, I would either major in Home and Family Living, Communications (advertising), or desktop publishing
20. Three of my favorite novels are Jane Eyre, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Ella Enchanted
21. I worked in a California grape vineyard for the Church welfare growing up
22. I have climbed Half Dome in Yosemite National Park
23. I went to high school with my sister-in-law
24. I have been a Mariah Carey fan since I was 10
25. My favorite Girl Scout cookies are Thin Mints
26. One year I had Christmas in a hotel
27. I gave myself a swirly once
28. If I served a mission, I would have liked to go to Spain
29. The prettiest place I’ve been is Yosemite; most exciting is New York; the most interesting is San Francisco.
30. My husband proposed to me in the basement of the JFSB on BYU campus…with Little Caesar’s pizza.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Drew and I decided to write down 30 things that were interesting about ourselves and share with all those who read our blog. It was fun to learn a couple new things about each other.
30 Things You Might Not Have Know about Andrew William Pepper
1. I say the word Orange funny, according to my wife.
2. My mom misspelled my name on my scriptures with Willam. My name is Andrew William.
3. My first job was at a Sno-Cone Hut. It was six women and I.
4. I haven’t grown taller since I was 13, when I was 5’10. I have gained 50 lbs. since then, though.
5. When I was a kid, I stepped in an ant pile once. Twenty seconds later, I had more than 50 ant bites.
6. I was known as Andrew until I was 14. When I started attending youth dances, my older brother started introducing me as Drew. I have been Drew ever since.
7. I have lived in Manhattan and worked in the Empire State Building.
8. My favorite bread is a braided, Swiss bread called Butterzopf. It really is amazing.
9. I have used four cars for my personal transportation. Three of them have been some type and year of a Ford Taurus.
10. My death row last dinner would probably be Chips & Salsa, Apple Juice and Vanilla Ice-Cream.
11. In high school, I earned a letter jacket for qualifying and competing in the Texas state Debate tournament.
12. I was pulled over once for speeding on an Indian Reservation in New Mexico. I was going 101 in a 75 mph zone. Somehow, I got off.
13. I love learning history and learning about art.
14. My three favorite novels are Catcher in the Rye, Of Mice and Men and Lord of the Flies.
15. Lion King is my favorite Disney cartoon movie. Remember the Titans is my favorite Disney movie.
16. Luzern, Switzerland is the prettiest place I have ever been. Times Square is the most exciting. Temple Square is the most interesting.
17. When I was a little kid, sometimes my body looked like it was the body of a muppet (see above picture).
18. I own a cowbell that you could fit your head into.
19. I had seen two musicals before I was married – The Wizard of Oz and West Side Story. Since I have been married, I have seen more than ten.
20. As a missionary, I visited six countries – United States, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria and Lichtenstein.
21. I love to experience new things.
22. My first email address was firstname.lastname@example.org I created it when I was 14. Once I was at BYU, my boss almost didn’t hire me because I was still using that email address. I now use email@example.com
23. My favorite sport was baseball until I was cut from my freshmen team in high school.
24. When I was 17, I karate chopped a 2-inch thick slab of concrete in two pieces. It kinda hurt, but I did it.
25. I had an adopted Grandma growing up. My mother visit taught her, and we treated her as our grandmother for the next ten years.
26. When I was a kid, we would go to Baskin-Robbins 31 flavors. I would always get Vanilla.
27. If I did whatever I wanted to for a living, I would probably write screenplays for films. Or play in the NBA.
28. My favorite comic strip is The Far Side by Gary Larson
29. Growing up, I spent every Friday night at my grandparent’s house.
30. One summer I attended four MLB games in four different stadiums: Shea, Yankee, Nationals Park, and Rangers Ballpark
Tune in next time for 30 things about Kathryn!!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
We have been chugging along lately. Right now we are working for a company called Mercer. It's not too bad but I am so exhausted all the time! We have to get up at 6:30 am and we get back home at 6:30 pm. It takes a toll on my poor pregnant body. Drew is so good to me, though. He always wants me to relax when we get home. And he always drives. Anyway, I just wanted to add a quick update before some other things happen soon. Tomorrow night we are going to watch the BYU game while wearing our BYU garb. Then it's General Conference weekend, which of course everybody loves. How can you not like a change up every now and then? Well, more when we've done more this weekend!!