One day Mama Pepper came home on a Saturday and said she found an estate auction. So we decided to go check it out. This house was huge and had some crazy stuff up for auction. Dad Pepper was mesmerized. He wanted to get something from that dang auction! Well... he got his wish. He bid on and won these crystal bowls (2 for $50). Drew had to get him out of there fast before he bought anything else!
This is the first time I have ever felt like a truly horrible parent. Luke and I went to Target and I put Luke in the basket part of the cart. I went to the produce section and Luke went to reach for an apple and all the sudden he's toppling out of the cart. He hit his head hard on the floor and had to be consoled and taken home immediately. I was worried about a concussion but he was fine. However, he now has a black eye (I was told the blood travels downward...I don't know about that). Yes, i feel AWFUL.
My dad came on a business trip to Dallas and he was able to send a WHOLE day with us! Drew took that day off and we all hung out. We went for a walk and then went on a tour of the Texas Rangers baseball stadium and went clothes shopping and then went out to eat and got ice cream. Sha-whoo! We really packed it in for his visit! And Luke still got his TWO naps!
My daddy has been so good to me. And then I went and moved away from him. I'm glad he still likes me. And he REALLY likes Luke.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
So, last time I checked, a Realtor was supposed to help you out, right? He is the guy that you contact and say, "Hey guy, help me find a place to live for my family." And then he says, "OK, I will do my best." Some time later, a house is found, it is then made a home, and both parties leave on a happy note and are both satisfied.
It usually goes something like that.
Well, not in our case.
As we were moving into my parents home for the second time after graduating from university, I started thinking. I thought, "How do two college graduates end up at their parents home again?" And then I realized that my Realtor ruined my life.
How many ways can a Realtor ruin your life? So my former Realtor cannot sue me for defamation, I will name him Bobby Sue.
1. Wasting countless hours driving to potential houses.
2. Wasting countless hours searching for a house online.
3. Wasting an hour to sign papers on a bid. This happened three times.
4. Wasting time buying one house, which was a different house than the one our Realtor showed us.
5. Wasting time figuring out he had showed us one house and sold us a completely different house.
6. Wasting time talking with potential financing options.
7. Wasting time talking to other realtors and lawyers about what had happened.
8. Finding another location on our own. Signing papers to build a house. And then our Realtor, Bobby Sue, pops up in the inbox claiming 3% of the purchase price for his commission for a house, builder, lot, city, or floorplan he had never showed us.
9. Wasting more time talking to other realtors and lawyers about what was still happening.
10. Moving out of our apartment because we thought we were building a home.
11. Losing our "1/2 off last month's rent" deal because we broke our apartment contract.
12. Losing our $300 of referral money because we broke our apartment contract, which was to be split with another couple.
13. Paying an additional $800 in rent for a month we were not going to live at the apartment because we broke our apartment contract.
14. Packing the entire apartment up again after living there for only nine months.
15. Renting a storage unit for $50 a month to put our stuff in.
16. Using two whole Saturdays and several week-day nights taking trips to the storage unit.
17. Backing into a car in the Staples parking lot with my company car because I couldn't see out of my car because it was filled to the top with boxes.
18. Receiving an official driver safety reprimand from my employer.
19. Getting higher auto insurance rates because of my minor fender bender.
20. Living in the same room with our baby.
21. Wasting time emailing the Realtor about not paying him for any services.
22. Wasting time writing this blog post about how mad I am at Bobby Sue.
All these things have a direct link to Bobby Sue. I'm not even lying.
If you ever wonder how many ways a Realtor can ruin your life, let me know. I might have a possible referral for you.
Did you have a wonderful Easter? I hope so; we did! Luke went on an Easter egg hunt and he actually did it! He's so smart. He just couldn't reach the ones on the cars. His eggs were full of Teddy Grahams...his favorite! In his bucket was a little outfit, Honey and Chocolate Goldfish, a set of baby silverware, and a Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam book. He loved it all! And then Drew's parents had US go on an Easter egg hunt! I wasn't expecting that! And in those eggs...MONEY!! Woohoo! Growing up, there was six of us, so we found REAL eggs (NO MONEY). Fun stuff.
Anywho, we had fun with the Easter celebrations, we listened to General Conference, and we were happy to remember Christ. I am so grateful that Christ was sacrificed for my sins and that He was resurrected. He Lives!