Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 box fettuccine
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Fresh basil leaves
1. Place butter in large bowl. Using wooden spoon or electric mixer on low, beat until smooth. Add the cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir well; set aside.
2. Cook pasta. Drain and immediately add hot pasta to the butter mixture. Toss the fettuccine in the butter mixture to coat. Add salt and pepper.
Divide pasta between 4 serving plates. Shred basil leaves and sprinkle over pasta.
Chantal's New York Cheesecake (from allrecipes.com)
15 graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.