Saturday, January 30, 2010

STAR TREK


Okay, so here is my review on Star Trek. Just for a little background, I really can't stand science fiction. I know that's really closed-minded of me, but it's just one of those things. Like Drew can't stand Amy Adams after a couple hours of watching her act, ya know? Some things just rub ya the wrong way.

I definitely get rubbed the wrong way with sci-fi. (Which is kind of funny, because at BYU, I volunteered and helped with the science fiction journal there...hmmm.) ANYWAY, you get my point. Drew likes Star Trek. And Magic cards. Sooo, I was a little hesitant to watch the new Star Trek because 1. The whole sci-fi problem, 2. I don't know a LICK about Star Trek, 3. I don't want to feed Drew's nerdiness.

It was an okay movie. I didn't mind watching Chris Pine for 2 hours (although he kinda has a large forehead). And I like Zoe Saldana; she's a good actress. But aliens and stuff...too much like Star Wars--which I really don't enjoy. But the story line was pretty easy for me to follow as a non-Trekkie and there was action and romance, so it held my attention. I think what helped, too, was that we watched an hour and then a couple hours later we finished it up. We had to watch the debate for the Texas governors race.

I give it a B+. No, maybe an A-. Yeah, an A-.

No comments: