Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dear Drew, It's been the best 5 years of my life

Dear Drew of 2006,

No one makes me laugh like you do. Even though I've basically promised my heart to someone else, you have stolen it. I can't imagine spending my life without you. I was SO happy when you asked me to be your wife (on 14 Sep 2006).





Dear Drew of 2007,

I don't get to see you very much! We seem so consumed with school and work that when we get home, we're exhausted. Our tiny apartment offers comfort, even if the window lets in the cold air. At least we have the weekend to go shopping at Wal-Mart and to study in the Harold B. Lee Library. And good thing I'll be done with school this December. Maybe then we'll have more time for each other.



Dear Drew of 2008,

I got a job at the University Press Building while you keep chugging along at school. I got bored with that job quickly so I added on a job at a Mexican restaurant at nights to make my days crazier. I get off at 3 from my day job and then go to the restaurant at 7. I thought we were going to see more of each other! At least we'll get to go to New York for an internship! I'm so proud of you.

Soo...the internship is over and now we have no idea what to do. Sooo...let's go live with your parents! Oh, and while we're there....Surprise! You're going to be a daddy! We get to see a lot more of each other since we worked at the same temp job and we don't have real jobs, so we take a lot of walks.



Dear Drew of 2009,

We had our first baby. It was the most amazing thing we've ever done. You got your first job out of college and we made a couple of bad decisions (buying houses and then backing out...twice). We lived in Mansfield and moved a lot. We lived really close to your parents (often in the same house) which was special for Luke. You didn't get into grad school, which was discouraging. I don't see you a lot again. This job keeps you really busy.



Dear Drew of 2010,

We moved to Arlington, where we came into a good ward and made some amazing friends. You didn't get into another grad school. You didn't get picked for a job you applied for. And then they called you again, a couple months later. They were interested in interviewing you. And they gave you the job. Now we know why you didn't get into grad school! Heavenly Father was definitely watching out for us. Oh yeah...we're having another baby!! And guess what??? It's a girl!! We're seeing a little more of you, although not much. You work late because you have to drive everywhere.



Dear Drew of 2011,

You moved us across the country to North Carolina. Good thing I love you, because you keep moving me further from my family! We had our second baby, Grace. She is truly the sweetheart of the family. You started your new job...a desk job! We get to see a lot more of you because you have a set time: 8-5. We have officially been married for 5 years. I'm excited to see what the next 5 years will bring!



I love you! Happy 5 Year Anniversary!!


1 comment:

Renae said...

Happy Anniversary! This was a great post, by the way.