Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Run, run, run!

This last Saturday I ran my 4th 5k. Let me tell you about the last two 5ks. 

There was no preparation. When I say no preparation, I mean I may have ran once before to prepare and thought that would do. Which wouldn't be too far off because I've always been able to run every 5k without stopping to walk. 

I ran the Rex Lee Run twice in Utah, the Cowtown 5k with my mother-in-law in Texas, and the Free to Breath 5k in North Carolina. The first one (the Rex Lee Run) that I ever did I felt awesome about. I was running allll the time and felt nice & fit. The next too not so much. THIS one...I felt really awesome about. I trained for a couple weeks before and was ready to rock the house!

I'm a really awkward looking runner. Check out these pics:

See what I mean? This was before I noticed Drew taking pictures. 
This was once I noticed:


Uhhh...yeah, not much better. I look insane. I probably was at that point.


It really wasn't as difficult as I'm making it sound. But it is always nice to go across that finish line!


Excited that it's over!


I guess I was too stinky. Luke didn't even want to give me a kiss.

Next up: a 10k! Then a half marathon, then a marathon! We'll see how long that'll take me. I'll get there...eventually.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you go girl!!!

Liberty said...

Gooooooooooooooooo Kathryn!!! I am so impressed!! I want to do a half marathon too!! Oh I miss you!!

Shynn said...

isnt it great to run? had my first time 3K run last year. i wanna share my blog too. it was called `run for japan`... all proceeds went to help tsunami victims in japan.

please click this links: thanks!

http://shynn-whatevercomesaround.blogspot.com/2011/04/run-for-cause.html

http://shynn-whatevercomesaround.blogspot.com/2011/04/run-for-japan-moment.html