Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful Days (Day 3)

So far there's been a natural progression, have you noticed? Hubby, son, and now...

My baby girl!






Isn't she beautiful?

I love this little girl. Let me tell you a little why I didn't think she would be in the family. So, Drew has 3 brothers. I have 5 brothers. With that ratio (1:7) of girls in the family, I figured my chances of having a girl was slim to none. It wasn't like I was pining for a girl. When I found out Luke was a boy I was relieved. Because I had so many brothers I felt like I could handle boys.

I had a very special (and private) experience in which I found out I was having a girl before I even went in for the ultrasound. I think I may have only told Drew about the experience. I don't remember. But I do remember going in for the ultrasound and being completely calm because I already knew what I was having. 

Then after we found out we were having a little girl, Drew was the one that decided on the name Grace. I hope that Gracie thinks that's special when she gets older. 

Gracie is the sweetest little girl. She's a mommy's girl but she yells "Daddy!" when Drew walks in the door. She asks "Where Daddy?" during the day. She loves loves loves her big brother. She follows him around and plays with the toys he likes (she has her own girly toys). She likes to give hugs and kisses and she folds her arms for prayers. She speaks so well already! After Luke, this is such a shock. 

She's a beautiful girl, inside and out.

No comments: